In looking at Bright Winter, we can see slightly warmer versions of True Winter's red, yellow and blue. Black and white are not as pure. They look more crisp and brilliant in this selection of colors. The first rays of sunshine are apparent, yet everything is decidedly more contrasting and clear. Sharp grays, very jewel-like icy tones, brilliant reds, hot pinks, fuchsia, clear but cold purples, vibrant blues, wintergreens, cobalt blues, navy and intense blue blacks all comprise this part of the rainbow.
Bright Spring is quite different. It is closer and higher to the sun. The palette is not as contrasting and stark as Bright Winter.
There is not as much red or blue in this palette as Bright Winter. Colors range from a clear ivory white to a warmed black. Light warm grays, clear navy, icy but warmed pastel colors, yellows, bright gold, clear orange, many hot pinks, brilliant salmon pink, hot fuchsias, bright kelly greens, clear pool blues and blue greens, along with vibrant medium violet purples are the core of this palette. Not shown here are reds. Bright Spring reds have some orange and pink added to them, rather than the closer-to-primary reds Bright Winter has.
Courtesy of Invent Your Image , here are some wardrobe collages that will help illustrate the differences:
Bright Spring has a warmer, fresher look. Bright Winter by comparison looks icy cool and more contrasting as well as jewel toned. Bright Spring has a tendency to look more carefree and light while Bright Winter carries with it an air of formality.
All this being said, how can you tell if you are a Bright Winter vs. Bright Spring?
1) Bright Winters have more contrast. They can get away with wearing black and white prints together, even if they are blondes. Bright Springs will find that black and white is too harsh on them and does not feel as comfortable.
2) A Bright Spring's white is a clear ivory and it is so pretty on them. Bright Winters do well in a cooler very bright white, though not as blue toned as True Winter.
3) Opaque lipstick formulas work better on a Bright Winter. Bright Springs may find that opacity sometimes looks heavy, solid and harsh.
4) Bright Springs will look 10 years older and not as approachable wearing Bright Winter cosmetics. By contrast, Bright Winters will be yellowed and sallow around the edges with Bright Spring cosmetics. A great test is black eye liner. Though not foolproof, a Bright Winter can wear a shiny black eye liner. Bright Springs will find that dominating.
5) Bright Springs can wear red, but their red has to be lighter and either have some pink added or a bit of yellow to create a poppy red or a warmer hot pink. Bright Winters have more leeway in choosing reds, since true red is a base tone of their palette. They can wear a bright true red all the way to a fuchsia red.
6) Bright Winters can take two of their darkest colors and combine them together without too much trouble. Even if a Bright Spring combines their darkest colors together, the effect is a bit heavy and solid on them and needs to be broken up with a lighter blouse or shiny jewelry.
7) All solid black on a Bright Winter is not necessarily a bad thing. Bright Spring needs to show some skin or break up the wall of black with a scarf or accessories.
8) Bright Springs can go wild with fun prints if their personality so allows. Bright Winters might find that bold prints are at odds with their comfort level.
9) Bright Winters can wear all out spangly glamour better than anyone else. Bright Springs do much better in a spray or sprinkling of glitter and shine. Bright Winter can wear some pretty glitzy jewelry. Bright Springs for the most part do well in smaller, less substantial pieces depending upon body type and size.
10) Chances are good, if you are a Bright Winter, the silver drape may be a little bit cool on you, but flattering enough to carry it. If you are a Bright Spring, the silver drape will not look good on you at all....it may put white patches on your face. Gold will be too warm, but it will be much better on you than silver.
My hope is that these comparisons can help you choose between Bright Spring and Bright Winter, They are indeed close sisters, but True Spring reigns supreme over the one while True Winter has a stronger influence over the latter.